Monday, August 19, 2013

Small Scientists

Delaney has been coming up with her own experiments for awhile now, and Sophie recently decided that she shouldn't be left out of the fun.

I heard some noise in the kitchen and went to check it out. The girls each had a bowl and a spoon, and Delaney had supplied them with water, milk, peppercorns, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder and "berries" from an unknown bush at our neighborhood park that she had been saving for just the right moment. (Don't worry. They both know not to really taste anything they find outside without us determining what it is first.)

They did some stirring and a little tasting...that was the funniest part. Then Delaney decided that this was definitely not delicious, and cleaned up.

Sophie's hypothesis didn't quite turn out the way she expected either...


I recently found a cup of wood chips, sawdust shavings and water frozen together in my freezer.  At least a few unexpected results haven't daunted my budding scientist. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what the girls will experiment making for me during their visit :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com