Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween Fun!

We have been having lots of fun with some seasonal activities. I dug out my ABC leaves from the Kindergarten bin, and we scattered them all over a table. Delaney matched the "Mommies" and the "Babies".
She would find the missing "baby" and yell for help. "My baby is found! Please help it find its way home!" Then I had to cut all of the pretend branches out of its path so it could safely make it back to its Mommy letter.
There are some amazingly talented moms out there, and I was fortunate enough to find some of their free printables on Pinterest. I downloaded this Pumpkin pack, and this Halloween pack, picked out what I thought Delaney would like the most, printed and laminated. (Did I mention that I got a new toy? A laminator!! Woo Hoo!) I decided to make file folder games with most of the Halloween pack, and put some of the pages in her art bucket for her to find on her own. She found the patterning page and absolutely loved the graphics.
I like the word matching. She had to figure out which word was which based on inital and final sounds. She did very well.

(Is that not the cutest little witch and vampire and Frankenstein you have ever seen??)
Afterwards, she made up a story with the cards...the witch ran around catching everyone and putting spells on them, and trapping them in her haunted house, until the werewolf saved them all from harm.


This kid is going to be a great author some day.


She loved the shadow matching, but she could do it far too quickly, so I changed it up a little bit. I put all of the cards around the folder randomly, and she had to figure out how to move them around so all of the pictures were in the 1st and 3rd rows, and all of the (matching) shadows were in the 2nd & 4th rows. This was more challenging for her.
The pumpkin number order puzzles were fun.


I found some Halloween erasers at Safeway for .99. We used them for sorting and patterning.
We learned about measuring and comparing.


And of course made them all have an awesome Halloween dance party together. I was too busy dancing for pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on OTBM about your daughter loving the Halloween Pre-K Pack! I am SOOO glad she loved it! She's adorable! Have a great holiday!

    Pam from www.overthebigmoon.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com