Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dugout!

Delaney and I are continuing to read the Laura Ingalls Wilder Series, and are now about halfway through "On the Banks of Plum Creek". Delaney is really intrigued by the idea of living in a dugout as the Ingalls family does for the first third of the book. We decided to recreate it with cushions and blankets, fort-style. 

 Delaney called me "Ma" all morning, and Sophie was "Carrie". 
 Delaney was "Mary" all morning, but if you ask me, she is a little more like Laura.
If you haven't read the books, Mary was always perfectly good. Laura was a little on the, shall we say, spirited side.
 I always loved Laura when I was little.

We did math in our dugout, and of course read some more about our favorite little pioneer family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, opinions and ideas!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com